nutshells

drawings and observations by Zosienka the London illustrator

Thursday 30 April 2009

Green

I have stared at this image for hours and turned green with Envy.

This is by Maxwell Loren Holyoke-Hirsch, a great San Francisco illustrator.
Unfortunately when I'm so in love with an artist I dare not try to express it, because my attempts at written praise can never match my enthusiasm. Having just discovered the work is for sale, I'm off to buy a print.

The SPEAKER has been airing on the BBC and it's been encouraging to see such intelligence and character amongst British teenagers. Its quite rare these days to hear about youthful achievements. The children that draw the most attention are the rude and violent ones. I was losing hope for a while. Little Duncan deserved his trophy, he was inspiring. I was working on my laptop while the candidates gave their final speeches and his presentation tore me away from my computer screen, for his tone was gripping and there was urgency in his message. I would like to have him as a little brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment